Hazard says he is not 100% but will be ready for Euros
Real Madrid’s Belgian forward Eden Hazard walks in the rain during the Spanish League football match between Real Madrid CF and Real Betis at the Alfredo di Stefano stadium in Valdebebas, on the outskirts of Madrid, on April 24, 2021. (Photo by GABRIEL BOUYS / AFP)
Eden Hazard is still having “some thigh problems” after missing much of Real Madrid’s season but “will be there when the Euros start”, he told a video press conference on Monday.
The midfielder said he was “not yet at 100 percent” but added that “physically I still have to prepare myself and I obviously hope to be ready for the first game on 12 June.”
Belgium, one of the favourites for the title, start Euro 2020 on June 12 against Russia in a group that also includes Denmark and Finland.
Hazard arrived at the national training centre at Tubize on Monday, at the same time as most of his team-mates and, as captain, was the first to speak at the press conference.
“I missed the last game with Real because of a little discomfort in my thigh. Since then I have been able to rest for a week and mentally I am fine,” he said.
“I’m going to be good again when I get my confidence back, and when my thigh and ankle don’t hurt,” he said. “I’ve had an unlucky season.”


Comments
Post a Comment